149 children were safely evacuated from a kindergarten fire in southwestern China’ s Guizhou province.
The fire was caused by leak of liquefied gas in the kindergarten’s kitchen last Thursday.
A chef who was working there immediately came out and notified the teachers.
[SOUNDBITE] LUO LONGXIANG, Chef
“I heard a bang. When I turned around, the smoke was already very thick, and I dared not enter the kitchen. So I came out and informed the teachers of the fire and asked them to evacuate the kids immediately.”
All 149 children were evacuated within five minutes, and no casualties were caused.
Firefighters put out the blaze within 10 minutes. The sudden collapse of a liquefied gas cylinder was suspected to be the cause for the fire.