Army and BSF on Udhampur attack

Subscribe to Times Now | Click Here ►

‘Download the official TIMES NOW mobile app – Give a missed call on 1800 4190 300. Stay updated, stay ahead.’

Subscribe Now To Our Network Channels :-
The NewsHour Debate :
ET Now :

To Stay Updated Download the Times Now App :-
Android Google Play :
Apple App Store :

Social Media Links :-
Facebook –
G+ –
Twitter –
Also visit our website –

Speaking on the terror attack on the BSF convoy in Udhampur on Wednesday (August 5), Lt General Subrata Saha said, “This is the first time we have been able to achieve zero infiltration so far, particularly in this period when the snow melts and it take a while for the anti-infiltration obstacle system to come up.” “So the credit goes entirely to the soldiers operating on the ground and supporting them was the good intelligence network and improved surveillance grid,” he said. “So far in this year there were 8 attempts in which 17 terrorists were eliminated while trying to infiltrate, so I am very hopeful that this trend will continue,” he added. DIG Udhampur, Surinder Kumar when asked about the modus operandi said, “Two terrorists came just in front of the BSF convoy and started firing. Our men also fired on them and one militant was killed in this firing.” When asked what kind of arms the militants were carrying, he said, They had AK-47 rifles and grenades.” When asked what was the plan of the militants, he said, “We will conduct a thorough investigation and only then the facts will come out.” A militant attack on BSF convoy took place today morning leaving two BSF jawans and a militant dead and eight personnel injured in the exchange of fire between the army and the militants on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway in Udhampur District.

Leave a Comment