Rescue continues at the site of landslide in Shenzhen.
The number of the missing people in a massive landslide in south China’s Shenzhen City has dropped to 76, as some who were previously reported missing have been contacted, said authorities on Tuesday afternoon.
Previously, the number of missing was reported to be 91, but 15 have been contacted, according to Vice Mayor Liu Qingsheng.
Those who remain missing include 51 males and 25 females, said Liu at a press conference.
More than 4,000 rescuers had joined the rescue efforts as of Tuesday morning, he added.
One body was retrieved from the debris early Tuesday.
The landslide hit an industrial park at around 11:40 a.m. Sunday after the collapse of a huge pile of construction waste from a hill in Shenzhen.