Studying in China

By the year 2020, the number of international students studying in Mainland China shall reach 500,000. In Latin America, the Chinese Government has agreements with 15 countries.
There are 465 institutions of higher education in China qualified to accept international students. Applicants may apply to the China Scholarship Council (CSC) directly or through overseas educational institutions or non-governmental organizations, or apply to Chinese institutions of higher education directly.
Different categories’ students:
1. Undergraduates: 4 to 5 years.
2. Master’s degree students: 2 to 3 years.
3. Doctoral degree students: 3 years.
4. There is no limit of study duration for Chinese language students.

Applicants must:
Be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
Have educational qualifications.
Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
Applicants for master’s or doctoral degree studies and senior visiting scholars must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English.

How should I apply for the visa to study in China?
International students should apply for “X” visa, issued to those coming to China for study or an internship for a period of more than six months, or “F” visa, issued to those invited to China to do business or study for a period of less than six months.
They need to present at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-General the original and photocopies of the following documents:
(1) Visa Application for Study In China.
(2)Admission Notice.
(3)Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
(4)A valid ordinary passport.

Leave a Comment