Sushma Swaraj denies all charges

Subscribe to Times Now | Click Here ►

‘Download the official TIMES NOW mobile app – Give a missed call on 1800 4190 300. Stay updated, stay ahead.’

Subscribe Now To Our Network Channels :-
The NewsHour Debate :
ET Now :

To Stay Updated Download the Times Now App :-
Android Google Play :
Apple App Store :

Social Media Links :-
Facebook –
G+ –
Twitter –
Also visit our website –

Union External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Thursday (August 6) gave her statement in the Lok Sabha over the Lalit Modi controversy and said, Injustice is being done with me as I didn’t even get a chance to clarify or put forth my opinion.” “These allegations that I have contacted British government for Lalit Modi are baseless and untrue. I have never recommended or requested British government to favour Lalit Modi for the travel documents,” said Swaraj. “I challenge anyone to show a document, letter or email recommending Lalit Modi’s case to the British government,” Swaraj said. “The UK government replied to the Economic Times that the travel documents to Lalit Modi were provided in full accordance with the law,” she stated. “Lalit Modi’s wife is suffering from cancer since the last 10 years, she was getting treated in a research centre in Portugal. She has been diagnosed with cancer for the tenth time and doctors said this time her cancer is life threatening and that her husband must be present for risk assessment,” she informed the House. “If Sonia Gandhi had been in my place, would she have left a woman cancer patient to die? This is humanitarianism and not a case of helping Lalit Modi,” said Swaraj. “This is such a big case of humanitarian grounds and that the case isn’t about Lalit Modi, but about the life of an Indian woman. If it is a crime to help a woman, then yes, I have committed this crime,” she noted.

Leave a Comment